Oschenberg

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My new kitchen

So here is what my new kitchen will be looking like....

When putting it together with the very nice kitchen planner I started with the words: You don't need to plan for a "normal" fridge, because it has always been my dream to have one of these huge "american" fridges with an ice maker/crusher at the front. My first new kitchen in my own house definitely needs to have that.
At the end I felt like being in my favorite movie (Life of Brian), because we were "haggling" for the price like professionals. It ended up to be the "normal" price for the kitchen (who wants to know it may ask me :-) with my "american fridge" on top as a gift - and it cost over € 1000 :-)

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Don't I have a sweet kitchen planner, who even put some fruit on top of the counter and hung some pictures on the wall in the planning papers :-)
I would have liked to have a black kitchen, but my Mom has one and I agree that you never stop cleaning the fronts because you see all "fingertips", dirt and dust on it.
Anyway - all this grey might look a little boring - but the kitchen software did not have a "brighter" neon-green in its colors (what it will be in reality later) and I added some very special tiles as splash guard on the wall behind the sink and the stove - little black glas stones with silver sparkling in it.
And to avoid comments like "no dishwasher???" from my american friends, like my colleague had asked me already - yes, there is a dishwasher, it is hiding in one of the cabinets under the sink, it is built in :-)

For interested people - here you can see the complete kitchen plan online.

I can't wait to see how it will look like for real, but it will take until at least mid September until the kitchen can be delivered. Gotta wait...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely design.... however.... can I offer some input please?

    The side of the kitchen with the sink and the cooker top is fine - very workable.

    However, the side of the kitchen with the fridge and the oven you will have problems with I think. I am surprised that the designer put the fridge and oven right next to each other! You may well have problems with them working properly as one is designed to heat, the other to chill..... You will be far better to put the fridge at the opposite end of the run so that you have the worktop between the two. If the size of the cupboards will leave you with a gap, like I have in my kitchen, I have a handy slot for chopping boards! You will also find it easier to work with the worktop between the two as you have somewhere to 'rest' hot pans from the oven etc.

    Hope you don't mind me saying..... I just think you may have problems later on with it, thats all.

    Sarah x

    (Williams!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise and thanks for your comment, Sarah!

    I had the same input when talking to the kitchen planner, I asked him, if it is really a good idea to put an oven and a fridge next to each other. But he said, that it is not a problem any more nowadays, because all the systems have a very good isolation.
    My construction supervisor also had a few inquiries with the kitchen planning like I did it with the nice man by myself, but he already went to see him and they made a few changes to my original plan, also to e.g. avoid any gap between the cupboards.

    I can only trust the people who do that for a living and since my construction supervisor is the Dad of my best (40 year lasting) girl-friend in my hometown (he is retired, but did this for a living for 40 years), I think I am on a good way.

    But thanks anyway - of course any input is very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention - the big fridge cannot stand next to a wall, because neither of the right or left door could open any more then...

    And for the more the fridge is a bit "deeper" than the cupboards in the meaning of it "sticks out" a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am entertained how us Americans are known for our teeth and our refrigerators.

    ReplyDelete